I would be remiss if I didn’t share this recipe with you. It is a really good low effort, low energy meal.
This one is written by Elaine over at Flavour & Savour. Her recipe calls for baking the chicken entirely, however I changed the recipe to be Sous Vide friendly.
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic (Personally, I smashed mine using one of these which I absolutely LOVE. The included garlic peeler alone is worth its weight in gold)
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Set your Sous Vide bath to 165 F
- 2. Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a vacuum marinating container and add the chicken. Remove the air and let sit for 30 minutes. Make sure the chicken is well coated.
- 3. Remove from the marinator and place the chicken in vacuum seal bag. Add some of the marinade in the bag and place a paper towel at the top of the bag to prevent any marinade from being sucked out when you remove the air and seal.
- 4. Place the pouch in your Sous Vide bath for 2 hours.
- 5. Once the 2 hours are up, remove the chicken and place on a lined baking sheet. Brush more of the marinade over the chicken then place under the broiler for 2-5 minutes or until nicely browned with a caramel color.If you would like to check out the original recipe, click here.